Management Skills - 2 Day Programme
- The Role of the Manager.
- Leadership and Motivation.
- Managing Performance.
- Handling Under-performance.
- Reviewing Performance.
- Time Management.
Managing People - 1, 2 or 3 Day Programme
Will be selected from the modules marked with an asterisk (*), depending on duration
- Programme content determined by Client.
Management Training Modules
- The delegation process.
- Planning to delegate to others.
- Following up the delegation.
- Understanding yourself.
- Understanding others.
- Adopting the right approach.
- Influencing others.
- Dealing with "difficult" people.
Leadership and Motivation*
- Leadership styles.
- Understanding people.
- Motivating others.
- Understanding attitudes.
- The importance of recognition.
- Managing and reviewing day-to-day performance of staff.
- Key principles and key skills involved.
- Handling under-performance.
- Handling disciplinary situations.
- Team leadership.
- Team membership.
- Characteristics of a really effective team.
- Building your own team.
- Team roles.
- Looking at how you spend your time.
- Prioritising your workload.
- Delegating to others.
- Tips for improved self-management.
- Time logs.
- Diary systems.
Training and Coaching Skills*
- How to pass on your skills to others.
- Planning training in the store/branch/department.
- How to run your own training sessions.
- One-to-one instruction skills.
- Training small groups.
- Training large groups.
- What is performance appraisal?
- Benefits of a good appraisal system.
- Developing the right skills.
- Preparing for, carrying out, and following up the appraisal interview.
Business Planning & Organisation
- The planning process.
- The SWOT analysis.
- Establishing priorities and setting objectives.
- Identifying potential problems.
- Monitoring and control.
- Reviewing plans.
Business Writing Skills
- Writing for the reader.
- Keeping it simple.
- Writing memos/letters/reports.
- Checking your own writing style - punctuation, paragraphs, removing 'Gobbledegook’.
- Barriers to communication.
- Understanding what people need.
- Communication methods.
- One-way/two-way communication.
- How to communicate effectively with others.
Creating Thinking & Brainstorming
- How to run a brainstorming session.
- Where do you want to get to?.
- Where are you now?.
- Force field analysis.
- When and how to communicate the changes.
- Sharing the vision with others.
- Introducing and sustaining the changes.
- What is service?.
- Who are my Customers?
- Exceeding Customer expectations.
- Agreeing/setting standards.
- Monitoring/reviewing performance.
- Recognising exceptional performance.
- Planning and preparing to give a presentation.
- Tools and techniques of presenting to small groups.
- Use of visual aids.
- Use of notes.
- Controlling nerves.
- Practice and review.
- Preparing the Agenda.
- Communicating with meeting delegates.
- Chairing the meeting.
- Discussion leading.
- Controlling the meeting.
- Ensure follow-up action takes place.
- Deciding what you are looking for/the person specification.
- The decision-making process.
- Planning and carrying out the selection interview.
- What is team briefing?.
- Benefits of good team briefing.
- Making the brief interesting and relevant.
- Conducting the briefing session.