In-house and regional locations. In response to demand this course is offered at regional locations throughout the year. For details of the current schedule click on the COURSE DATES tab on the left of this page. This programme can be tailored to meet the specific needs of individual companies. For information about IN-HOUSE training please telephone 01480 471476 or click on the IN-HOUSE TRAINING tab to the left of this page.
Who will benefit?
This course will benefit anyone new to the carpet and furnishing industry or those without previous formal training. It is designed to enable staff to accurately estimate quantities based on their own, or a Customer's, measurements quickly and efficiently in the store. The confidence generated will lead to higher conversion rates and a corresponding increase in business. This course will also help managers to verify calculations of others, deal with fitters and ensure compliance with British Standards.
By the end of the course the delegates will:
- Have a clear understanding of the requirements of BS5325 (The British Standard Code of Practice for the Installation of Textile Floorcoverings) and how it impacts on manufacturers' guarantees.
- Understand how BS5325 impacts on manufacturers' guarantees.
- Have identified what Customer needs must be considered prior to measuring and planning any domestic installation.
- Have identified what carpet characteristics must be considered prior to measuring and planning any domestic installation.
- Understand the key principles required to accurately measure all areas including hall, stairs and landings.
- Have practised the key skills required to accurately plan a variety of locations including hall, stairs and landings using plain carpet.
- Have produced a personal action plan to improve or maintain future performance.
The course is based on practice and participation with formal teaching kept to a minimum. The course is based on practice and participation with formal teaching kept to a minimum. The concepts are reinforced by exercises which are relevant to actual measuring and planning performance.