In-house and regional locations. In response to demand this course is offered at regional locations throughout the year. For details of the current schedule click on the COURSE DATES tab on the left of this page. This programme can be tailored to meet the specific needs of individual companies. For information about IN-HOUSE training please telephone 01480 471476 or click on the IN-HOUSE TRAINING tab to the left of this page.
Who will benefit?
This course will benefit estimators or sales staff and, in particular, those without previous formal training for whom speed and accuracy in planning are essential. The programme provides the opportunity for practical exercises. It will build confidence in an area many sales people find daunting by enabling them to provide accurate quotes quickly. Producing competitive quotations will increase sales and profitability. Simple guidelines are easily learned and will help reduce complaints. Even experienced estimators find this course stimulating and the results invaluable. It requires them to re-think the principles of adding a bit for luck.
By the end of the course the delegates will:
- Have a clear understanding of the requirements of BS5325 (The British Standard Code of Practice for the Installation of Textile Floorcoverings) and how it impacts on manufacturers' guarantees.
- Have identified what equipment is needed to measure in a variety of practical situations.
- Have identified what Customer needs must be considered prior to measuring and planning any domestic installation.
- Have identified what carpet characteristics must be considered prior to measuring and planning any domestic installation.
- Have practised the key skills required to accurately plan a variety of locations including hall, stairs and landings using plain carpet.
- Have demonstrated their competence to plan a variety of locations including hall, stairs and landings using plain carpet by completing a series of practical exercises.
- Have produced a personal action plan to improve or maintain future performance.
The course is based on practice and participation with formal teaching kept to a minimum. The concepts are reinforced by exercises which are relevant to measuring and planning performance.