In-house and regional locations. In response to demand this course is offered at regional locations throughout the year. For details of the current schedule click on the COURSE DATES tab on the left of this page. This programme can be tailored to meet the specific needs of individual companies. For information about IN-HOUSE training please telephone 01480 471476 or click on the IN-HOUSE TRAINING tab to the left of this page.
Who will benefit?
This highly comprehensive programme is equally suitable for new or experienced managers and supervisors. It is designed to provide a practical framework for effective team working and will benefit anyone in the flooring and furnishing industry irrespective of previous training or experience.
By the end of the course the delegates will:
- Understand how he or she can contribute to building an effective work team.
- Have identified his or her responsibilities in enabling staff to perform effectively.
- Have identified what management information is needed to be able to manage performance effectively.
- Be able to review the performance of staff using key interpersonal skills.
- Have developed some of the key skills required to deal effectively with people problems.
- Have produced a range of ideas for managing his or her own time more effectively.
- Be able to identify a course of action to improve staff performance.
- Have produced a personal action plan for managing and improving the performance of staff under his or her control.
- Have produced a personal action plan for implementing ideas gained from the course.
The course is based on practice and participation with formal teaching kept to a minimum. The concepts are reinforced by exercises which are relevant to a manager's performance with time being devoted to solving the practical problems encountered on a daily basis.